Human beings are unique because they have the creative power to build something and to create something out of nothing. That is what makes them unique. There are many instances of this statement that can be found from the course of history. Architecture is one of the seminal aspects of human creativity. People have always given their best while making the best kinds of architectural monuments and structures and so on. It has to be remembered that architecture is not always about some great historical monument or so on, it may mean simple buildings of residence too. Let us explore some fascinating aspects of famous modern architecture.
Time Of Modern Architecture
If we have to consider the chronology of modern architecture, it can be seen that they primarily developed from the early part of the twentieth century. From that time onwards, there has been no looking back and several significant structures have been created in the domain of modern architecture.
Features Of Modern Architecture
The features that can be seen in famous modern architecture are discussed as follows:
- There is a unique blend that can be seen in the making style. Both the elements of traditional and the new developments are taken into account in this style of architecture.
- The concept of innovation is sort of given immense importance here. It has to be remembered that change is constant. It is inevitable. Only innovations can help manage the immense amount of change all around. Modern architecture is all about innovative practices in the art of building and that is what makes it so unique.
- There can be an increased use of glass and steel and reinforced concrete and so on. These types of materials point out to the fact of the unique aspect of modern architecture.
- It has to be noted in this regard that in the domain of modern architecture, functionalism as an active element is given an immense amount of importance which leads to several unique features of modern architecture.
- One can notice a large amount of dependence on minimalism in modern architecture. It is keeping in mind the changing dictums of society and quite naturally there is a prevalence of minimalism and this trend is seen to be exponentially increasing too.
- All kinds of ornament are rejected in this mode of architecture. This is important because, in the traditional types, the ornament was given a lot of priority. This visible shift in the overall sense of priorities is what makes this style so fascinating.
- The dominance of this mode of architecture primarily rose after the second world war concluded. That is when more and more structures started to be built like this.
- They are also known to have a postmodern appeal and that is truly intriguing
- Modern capitalistic institutions rely on this style the most.
Thus in this article, we explored some of the most fascinating aspects of modern architecture