As much as buying a new house is exciting, the same is the tiredness it offers while getting the interiors done. So, here, in this piece, we are going to provide you with some of the MUSTS that you should keep in mind while you are at the task.
Elements of designing which cannot be missed
- Space- This means that space should be utilized in such a way that it adds grace and not look out of context, and misused.
- Colour- The wise use of this element can add a whole new meaning to the design, whereas this, if not used properly might give a gaudy appearance.
- Balance- Everything, by everything, means all the furniture, colours, and other elements should create a balance that looks pleasant to the eyes. If this balance is hindered, it might just take away all the hard work of the design.
- Proportion- Everything used should have its proportion and space to achieve a total balance of the whole design.
- Pattern- Certain patterns can be used in the design, these patterns add more beauty to the design.
- Contrast- This is another very striking principle of designing that brings a new way of designing, that is to use the contrasts of two or more things to add visual appeal to the whole design.
- Unity- All the elements, used to be used in such a manner to provide unity to the whole layout. Everything should complement each other.
Tips to use
After these important points which should be kept in mind, there are few tips which can be used while doing the interior designing of a house.
- Go with a theme- A theme gives a clear direction for the whole designing process and hence provides balance.
- Add photographs to give a homely look- Photographs of the family provide a feeling of having everyone close and give an idea about the family relations. This is sort of refreshing and unique to each house.
- Can use different contrasts in different rooms- Every room can have contrasting features of a theme, thus each room will have a different look, yet the same theme.
Need to understand
One needs to understand that though designing is an integral part of setting up a house, it should always be according to the family’s needs, wants, and demands, rather than for pleasing others. A house turns into a home only when the members live there, otherwise, it remains a building. Hence, one should try to do more designing than the hired designer.
Though designing the interiors looks complex, one who is designing something as personal as a home can design better than the professionals, the reason being, that the person will be knowing more about their family than the hired mind. Thus we can conclude that interior design reflects more about a family than the family itself.