Design blogs are filled with countless ideas for interiors. What about ideas for your exterior? How are you planning to envelop your home? Where will your main view look out to, your patio be awash with the smell of, and what will you drive up to at the end of each day? These fifty home exteriors show what it means to have a modern-looking façade. Using combinations of timber, plaster, bamboo, glass and concrete, they shoot up straight in large vertical panels, slither into long horizontal levels, and criss-cross with the forest and palm trees in a myriad of natural settings. Pick your favourite from our top fifty exteriors for yourself.
Famous Architecture Design Ideas
- Combine varnished timber, plaster and mushroom tones into one snazzy exterior design. This street side home finishes off its frontage with a row of manicured garden hedges.
- Integrate greenery into your home. This white brick creation lets in the light through a series of brick inlets, while a creeping fern drapes over the living area and garage.
- Modern homes don’t have to be in the city. Set in a stunning forest glade, white cherry blossoms and weeping willow trees create softness, while a black-painted column holds a room with a view.
- We’ve all dreamed of a modern log cabin from time to time. This paned wooden exterior runs its grooves smooth on the roof and perpendicular in its body, as it opens up its windows to a forest of pine.
- Sexy and sophisticated, this array of disjointed levels knows how to glow when the sun begins to set. A tall column of beige brick meets slatted wood panels in a plaster frame, letting light into common areas and giving privacy in areas where we like to hide.
- Sculpt your exterior garden with a few placed rocks. This modern building, resplendent with a tall concrete column, slatted wall of blinds and vertical glass panes matches its grey to a rock entrance and stairway.
- Use your pool to mimic the shape of your exterior. This long-line horizontal abode protects from the elements with glass and metal coverings, while a luxurious strip of blue runs its length. Two levels of patios are furnished with different types of modern outdoor chairs to delineate the specific functions of each area.
- Mix corrugated steel, plaster and concrete for the perfect blend of modern and homely. This two-storey residence on a flat plot of land lets in the sun with skylights up to the stars.
- Using a different material in one area can highlight a space. Enfolded in steel, concrete and glass, this stunning horizontal wooden panel marks a clear path to the front door.
- A beautiful balcony heightens your enjoyment of the outdoors. Large, open-framed windows make the most of this rural setting, while glass railings allow a comfy seat in an outdoor pod.
- Outdoor lookouts don’t have to be high. This white plaster dream seats a small party in a wooden enclave, providing the perfect view to watch trimmed hedges, birds and bees pass by.
- Three interlocking levels show versatility of colour in this two-storey mansion. Featuring large panes of glass and even wider viewing platforms, its open-plan form creates a rural oasis.
- Let the city in, or keep the city out. This innovative apartment open shutters at the main gate and central window façade, making them solid again to protect from noise and fumes.
So take inspiration from these pretty design ideas.